Saturday, December 6, 2008

Shepherd's Pie


DAMMIT BEN!

I've never had Shepherd's Pie, but for some reason I've always wanted to make it. I got this recipe from my friend Ben who is a chef. He usually eyeballs the ingredients for his dishes, but he was nice enough to breakdown this recipe for me. Since this is HIS creation, I won't post the recipe.  ;-)


Dev and I aren't huge fans of lamb, so I used ground beef only.  I suppose that makes it Cottage Pie, then right? Originally,  I was going to use Veggie Ground - Ben laughed at me for even considering it - HEH. The browning of the beef is essential and pretty much what makes this dish so tasty.



... I didn't have tomato paste, so I added ketchup (good tip Ben!)


I almost forgot the peas!

Mashed potato Topping




I have this cake decorating gadget so I used it to pipe on the potatoes. Dev helped me take the pictures!


Bake at 375F for 30-45 minutes until golden brown on top!



Wine pairing: Wente Southern Hills Cabernet Sauvignon.

1 comment:

Joe Kresoja said...

good lord that looks good.