Thursday, September 25, 2008

White Chocolate + Macadamia Nut Cookies


"Hey! Its midnight. I think I'll bake something!"

From time to time, I have the urge to bake in the middle of the night. I should just go to bed, but, I really can't help myself. When I was a kid, my mom would always bake in the middle of night - usually baking up treats for the church bake sale, for her office or for our school. I have such a fond memory of drifting off to sleep with the aroma of sweet vanilla. So, I guess... I blame YOU mom! Heh.

I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand tonight, so I used white chocolate chips and mac nuts instead. They came out pretty good, but I must say, I prefer semi-sweet chocolate.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Mrs. Field's Copycat Recipe)

Preheat oven to 350F.

2 sticks unsalted butter (room temp)
1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs (room temp)
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 bag of chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate bars


Cream butter and sugars together (2-3 minutes).
Add vanilla and eggs (one at a time).
Sift dry ingredients and add slowly.


Hey! Bing the Banana joins us!
Stir in chips (and chopped nuts if you like)


Bake for 9 minutes. VERY IMPORTANT. Don't be tempted to leave them in longer. They may not look done, but they are. Trust me. ENJOY!

No comments: