Sunday, September 27, 2009

Macaroons


Baking for the troops!

I usually bake
Chocolate Chip or Salted Oatmeal cookies, but lately I've been baking S'mores Bars and Rum Cake because I know they'll stay moist during the long journey - I've heard it can take anywhere between 2-4 weeks for the troops to receive their packages. GAH.

This time, I wanted try macaroons into the mix.

Preheat Oven to 350F
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
(make sure you do this, or the cookies WILL STICK to the pan)

1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 C milk
1/4 C + 2T flour
1 bag Sweetened Shredded Coconut



Stir together Sweetened Condensed Milk and Milk.
Add flour and coconut. Combine well.


Drop by the tablespoon, 1 inch apart


Bake for 16 minutes, or until it turns golden around the edges.
Cool and then transfer to rack.

Of course I had to 'taste test' one, and they came out very good.
Crispy on the edges and moist and chewy on the inside. Success!

No comments: