Sunday, March 8, 2009

Char Siu BBQ Pork


I've never made this before... let's give it a go, shall we?
Some recipes call for red food coloring, but I decided to bypass that...

Preheat Oven to 325F
I don't have a roasting pan, so I used a jelly roll pan filled with water with a cooling rack set on top.

Char Siu
1lb Pork Tenderloin

Marinade:
3 T soy sauce
2 T Hoisin Sauce
1 T Sake
2 T ketchup
2 T pineapple juice
1T sugar
1 T honey
2 garlic cloves, chopped
I didn't have five-spice powder, so I used a sprinkling of cinnamon, cloves and ginger



Mix marinade together, pour pork into a ziplock bag and sit for 2-3 hrs.


Set pork on rack and roast for 20 min.
Turn over and baste with some of the remaining marinade.

Raise heat to 350F and cook for 20 min.
Baste with honey and cook another 20 min.

Raise heat to 400F and cook another 15 min. - edges will start to char.
(baste with honey every 5 min.)


Cool and Slice!

I like the flavor but, it would be so much tastier if it were marinated overnight.
I'm going to use some of this pork to make Baked Char Siu Baked Buns!
Stay tuned.

No comments: