Saturday, March 14, 2009

Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars


I had a few Pink Lady apples in the fridge, so I decided to try this recipe from Food Network (Paula Deen). I didn't have any regular cream cheese on hand, so I used low-fat Neufchâtel cream cheese.

Preheat oven to 350F

Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars
Crust
1 C unsalted butter, softened
1/2 C brown sugar
2 C flour


Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil. Cut butter, flour and brown sugar together with a pastry blender until crumbly. Press into prepared pan and bake for 15 min. until lightly golden.

Filling
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla


Beat together cream cheese with sugar at
medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time.
Add vanilla and combine.


Pour over warm crust.

Apple topping
3 apples, peeled and chopped
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg




Stir together chopped apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Spoon over cream cheese mixture.

Streusel
1 C brown sugar
1 C flour
1/2 C quick cooking oats
1/2 C butter, softened


I didn't have any quick cooking oats, so I used regular oatmeal. Combine ingredients and sprinkle evenly over apples. Bake 30 min.



They came out very good! I think I'm going to try this with blueberries when they are in season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This recipe was very easy to follow and was absolutely delicious! It was a hit with my family and friends and we couldn't get enough of it. I will definitely be making this again! Thank you for sharing this recipe! :]